C & S OUTDOORS INC.
Disclaimer of liability
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to those caused by negligence or tortuous behavior. In case of any emergency, C & S OUTDOORS, INC. recommends that you immediately contact your physician.
C & S OUTDOORS INC. and its officers, directors, employees, and agents shall not be held liable for any proper, improper, correct, or incorrect use of the information contained or described on C & S OUTDOORS INC.'s website. C & S OUTDOORS INC. assumes absolutely no responsibility for anyone's use of any of the information set forth on this website. In no event shall C & S OUTDOORS INC., its officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages however caused and on any theory of liability arising in any way out of the use of this website, DVD's or CD's,even if C & S OUTDOORS INC is advised of the possibility of such damage or injury.
Even though the information set forth on this website has been produced from sources believed to be reliable, no warranty express or implied is made or assumed regarding accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability of usefulness of any such information, and any and all such warranties are expressly disclaimed. This disclaimer applies to both isolated and aggregate uses of the information. All warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from contamination by computer viruses and non infringement of proprietary rights are disclaimed. Any use of this website specifically acknowledges that C & S OUTDOORS INC. , its officers, directors, or agents are not in any way with respect to the user's use of any such information, and that the risk of injury from any use of any information set forth on this website remains entirely with the user.
The resolution of any disputes to C & S OUTDOORS INC.'s website or construction of C & S OUTDOORS INC.'s disclaimers shall be governed by the laws of the state of Indiana. The laws of the state of Indiana shall apply to all uses of data contained in this website.
These activities necessarily include inherent risks, hazards, and dangers that can cause or lead to injury, property damage, illness, mental, or emotional trauma, disability, or death. The following describes some, but not all of those risks, hazards, and dangers.
- Risks present in an outdoor environment. These risks include travel in mountainous or wilderness terrain, both on and off trails. While traveling in these areas, hazards may not be marked, weather is unpredictable year around, and lightening rapidly moving rivers, whitewater, falling rocks, snow and ice, avalanche dangers, fallen timber, stinging insects, wild animals, and other hazards can exit.
- Risks connected with cooking and camping chores. While camping, participants may cook over a gas stove or an open fire and are subject to the risk of gas explosion or burn. Participants may need to disinfect water before use.
- Risks in staff judgment. Risks involved in decision making and conduct, including the risk that a course leader, co-leader or other assistant may misjudge a participant's capabilities, or misjudge weather, terrain, water level, or route location.
- Risks associated with travel. Travel can be on foot, or by vehicle, boat or other means, and can be over difficult terrain or via lakes and rivers, in adverse weather conditions.
- Risks connected with geographic location. Remote locations can create difficulties in communication and transportation and delays in evacuation and medical care.
- The risk that equipment used in an activity may break, fail or malfunction.
- Risks regarding conduct. The potential that you, other participants, or third parties (e.g. driver, rescue squad, hospital) may act carelessly or recklessly. Other risks, hazards, and dangers that are generally associated with educational and/or outdoor activities. These and other risks, hazards and dangers may result in participants: 1) falling, 2) being struck,3) colliding with objects or people,4) experiencing vehicle capsize or collision,5) reacting to high altitudes and weather conditions or experiencing other problems. These and other circumstances may cause hypothermia, dehydration, frostbite, drowning, high altitude sickness, heart or lung problems, broken bones, burns, or other injury, damage, death, or loss. By voluntarily agreeing to participate, you assume and accept full responsibility for yourself, for the inherent risks of these activities (both known and unknown), and for any injury, damage, death, or other loss you may suffer, resulting from those risks, and resulting from your own negligence or other misconduct.